George & Lydia's Children & Descendents:
- GERTRUDE "Gertie" (b) 6 May 1866 in Winterset, Madison (d) 4 Mar 1905 in Bonesteel, South Dakota (m) Van James McCurdy (b) 6 Apr 1856 in Dubuque, Iowa (d) 26 Dec 1921 in Concord, Contra Costa, California. Children:
- Ray Elbert
- Rex Allen
- Sydney S.
- Glenn William
- GEORGE A. (b) 6 Mar 1869 (d) 16 Oct 1879. Died by being run over by a wagon wheel. :( (Note name mis-spelling on his Find A Grave memorial... The documentation shows the correct spelling, but the memorial does not.)
- CHARLES ABNER (b) 24 Oct 1869 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (d) 14 May 1954 in Orient, Adair, Iowa (m)(1) Grace Maud* (m)(2) Violet Patton. Children:
- THADDEUS (b) Mar 1871 in Cass, Iowa (d) 1947 in Massena Twp, Cass, IA. Doesn't appear he married or had children. <<headstone>>
- Ruby Gertrude (b) 22 Aug 1897 Edna, Cass, IA (d)
- Alice Grethel (b) 8 Sep 1899 in Edna, Cass, IA (d) ? (m) Hillary H. Studley 1 Feb 1920 in Cumberland, IA (b) 23 Oct 1899 in Union, Cass, IA (d) 8 Jun 1963 in MO or KS (buried in KS)
- Lois Adeline
- Geneva Blanche (b) 22 Sep 1906 in Cass Co, IA (d) 23 Dec 1990 in IA (m) Wilber Gerald South
- ROY WILLIAM (b) 9 May 1875 Massena, Cass, IA (d) 9 Jun 1937, Massena, Cass, IA (m) Minnie Marie Sophia Follman 29 Nov 1899 Atlantic, Cass Co, IA. Minnie was the dau of Michael Lawrence and Catherine Sinner Follman. Children:
- Virginia Marie
- Mary Arlene
- Lyle Robert
- Eugene E. (b) 5 Jun 1922 in Iowa (d) 23 Jul 2003 in Atlantic, Iowa (m) Barbara
- Arthadell M. (b) abt 1924 in Iowa
- Larry Dale (b) 18 Jun 1926 in Iowa (d) 11 Jun 1985 (m) Barbara Louise Bigley 15 Dec 1951
- William D. (b) 3 Aug 1928 in Iowa (d) 25 Oct 2006 in Anita, IA
- Ted H. (b) 11 Feb 1933 in Iowa (d) 27 May 2002 in Leavenworth, Kansas
- Lloyd R. (b) 24 July 1937 in Iowa (d) 25 October 1979 (m) Ardith
- Daryl (b) 4 May 1944 in IA (d) 10 Nov 1987 in Omaha, Nebraska
- Yula Ilene (b) 8 Jun 1925 in Massena, IA (d) 8 Jun 1925 in Massena, IA
- Lauren E (b) 27 Jun 1928 in Massena, Iowa (d) 27 Jun 1928 in Massena, Iowa
- Roy Duane (b) 16 Jul 1930 in Iowa (d) 17 Feb 2004 in Harlan, Shelby, Iowa (m1) Mardelle Steffens (m2) Mardelle Chadwick (m3) Cindy
- Roland Dean (b) 10 Feb 1932 in Lincoln Township, Cass, Iowa (d) 25 Dec 1993 in Gardendale, Alabama (m) Juanita Hill
- Cheryl (b) 30 Jul 1962 (d) 25 Dec 1993
- David Alan (b) 21 Aug 1937 in Cumberland, Cass, IA (d) 23 Nov 1998 in Massena, IA
- Dr. Charles Lynn (b) 22 Mar 1939 in Iowa (d) 19 Jan 2005 in Natchitoches, LA <obit>
- Bruce Warren (b) 13 Jan 1953 (d) 1 Oct 2001 in Greenfield, IA
- Gladys C. (b) 10 May 1902 (d) Apr 1978 (m) Ivan Jensen
- Clarence W. (b) 12 Nov 1904 (d) Sep 1974 (m) Mary P. Wickey
- Clifford Ernest (b) 5 Jan 1908 in Iowa (d) 3 January 1979 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (m) Mildred Yarger
- Ralph Francis (b) 21 Feb 1910 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (d) Jan 1983 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (m) Dolores
- Lola McKee
- Roy Bernard (b) 16 Aug 1911 (d) 21 Nov 2000 (m) Elnora Ilene McKee
- HARRY MILES (b) 21 Feb 1881 in Whitneyville, Cass, Iowa (d) 17 Jul 1934 in Red Oak, Montgomery, IA (m)(1) Edna Ethel Matthews* (m)(2) Clara E. Johnson**. Children:
- JESSE E. (b) 5 Apr 1884 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (d) 20 Feb 1962 in Massena Twp, Cass, Iowa. Appears to have not married, no children. (?)
(b) Mar 1842 in Keokuk Co, IA (d) 14 Dec 1916 in Tulare, California (m) Frances J. "Fannie" Mann 16 Jan 1868 (b) 9 May 1854 in Missouri (d) 22 Jun 1923 in California. Children:
- VIRGINIA L. (b) 30 May 1869 in NE (d) 6 Oct 1947 in CA (m) Samuel Carter Landram
- Miles Porter (b) 30 Aug 1898 (d) 11 Jul 1946
- Alfred Chase (b) 22 Apr 1910 in Monterey, California (d) 15 May 1979 in San Francisco, CA
- Miles Eugene
- Jacquelyn May (b) circa 1927 in CA (d) (m) Neely Overland Hoopiiaina 8 Aug 1953 in Los Angeles, CA
- Willis T.
- Gayle/Gail B. (b) 3 Apr 1917 in Tulare, CA (d) 4 Jul 1971 in Los Angeles, CA (m) William Berry Pyles, Jr.
- Phyllis Layne (b) 19 Sep 1917 in Fresno, California (d) 21 Oct 1986 in Santa Clara, CA (m) Frank W. Saul.
(b) 1842 in Keokuk, Iowa (d) 1926 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, Colorado
John Milton wrote a column and was known as "Ye Local." He is buried in the Union Printers Home Block 51 in Evergreen Cemetery, Colorado Springs, CO.
He apparently did have a wife, but next to nothing is known of her (by me.) One interesting article:
(b) 1845 in Keokuk County, IA (d) 11 Sep 1930 in Los Angeles, CA (m) Benjamin Franklin "Frank" Murray, Senator (IA) (BF Murray Obit & Info) 8 Nov 1864 in Madison Co, IA. (b) 20 Aug 1838 in Ohio (d) 7 May 1890. Children:
- NORA LENORE/Kate (b) 13 Sep 1867 in Winterset, Madison Co, IA (d) 22 Dec 1951 in California (m) Emerson Bond Weirick
- NICHOLAS W. (b) abt 1870 in Iowa (d) 17 Feb 1929 in Los Angeles, CA
- MAUDE M. (b) 21 Apr 1886 in Iowa (d) 5 Aug 1952 in Los Angeles, CA (m) ____ Ward
- Murray A. (b) 7 Apr 1901 in Le Mars, Plymouth, Iowa (d) 17 Jan 1985 in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
Caroline was an impressive woman and holds a very special place in my heart and mind, along with her mother. She took care of her mother for many, many years after the passing of her husband. Her husband went through many trials with health and stuck by him. She moved to the west coast to be with her divorced daughter only after losing her husband and mother. What a steadfast, strong woman with a sense of duty! Not only that, but she had a true gift for prose, as so many of the Hollingsworths and Holadays did. May she RIP.
EMMA/EMILY CAROLINE (Twin of Ellen)
(b) 1846 in Keokuk County, Iowa (d) 26 Mar 1918 in Greenfield, Adair, IA (m) Royal Oran Brown 6 Feb 1868 in Adair Co, IA. (b) 1846 in Ohio (d) 31 May 1919 in Greenfield, Adair, Iowa. Children:
- FREDERICK ROYAL (b) 1869 (d) (m) Mina M. Bevington
- NELLIE M. (b) abt 1871
- EDWARD (b) abt 1876
- ROBERT B. (b) 1880 (d) 1941 (m) Cora E. Bevington 15 Mar 1904 in Adair, IA
- HARRY G. (b) abt Jan 1886 in IA (d) ? (m) Flora H.
- Gerald O.
- Donald E. (b) abt 1910
- Harold D. (b) abt 1912
ELLEN/ELLA (Twin of Emma)
(b) 1846 in Keokuk County, Iowa (d) 1891 in Dennison, Grayson, Texas (m) J. Gallagher 10 Feb 1882 in Texas
(b) 25 Mar 1848 in Keokuk, IA (d) 26 Nov 1931 in Greenfield, Adair, IA (m) 1873 Jenette "Jennie" A. Gaylord (b) Aug 1849 in Iowa (d) 1926 in Greenfield, Adair, Iowa. Children:
- CLEO A. (b) abt 1875 in IA (d) (m) James Thomas Taylor
- CLARANCE (b) abt 1876 in IA
- ETHEL (b) abt 1878 in IA
- DORA (b) abt 1800 in IA (d) (m) R.M. Fletcher in Des Moines, IA
(b) 1854 in Jefferson Township, Adair Co, IA (d) 1855 in Jefferson Township, Adair Co, IA
(b) 1856 in Jefferson Twp, Adair Co, IA (d) bef 1860 in Adair or Madison Co, IA
Orpha is said to be buried in either Jefferson Co or Madison Co. Some say she is buried beside her mother in the Winterset Cemetery, but I find this unlikely. There is no marker, if she is buried there.
(b) 19 June 1857 (d) 9 April 1936 in Oakland, Alameda, California (m) Albert Rush Dabney 1877 in IA (b) 7 Feb 1845 in Illinois (d) 13 Jun 1913 in Alameda, California. Children:
- CLARA BELL
- LENORE PAULINE (b) 4 Aug 1880 (d) Jan 1975 (m) Dr. William Frederick Schwaner, Sr. (m) Unk Saurman
(b) 10 Apr 1860 in Winterset, Madison, IA (d) 28 Nov 1924 in Massena, Cass County, IA (m) Mary M. Spies 10 May 1885 in Franklin Twp, IA. Children:
- BESSIE LOUISA (b) 1 Jan 1886 in Denison, Grayson, Texas (d) 28 Apr 1968 in Winters, Yolo, California (m) William Spies 27 Jun 1912 in Massena, IA.
- GEORGE SPIES (b) 29 Jun 1893 in Massena, Cass Co., Iowa (d) Dec 1979 in Massena, Cass, Iowa (m) Gladys Bell McBride in 1912 in Cass Co, IA
- GLADYS MERLE (b) 7 May 1900 in Victoria, Cass, IA (d) 24 Nov 1991 in Massena, Cass, IA (m) Joseph J. Holste 2 Dec 1920
- CLIFFORD ARTHUR (b) 26 Dec 1902 (d) Dec 1972 in Anita, Cass, IA (m) Reba Catherine King 10 Apr 1926.
- Infant Holaday (b) 1927 (d) 1927